Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tilda Swinton versus Jodie Foster



.
I was talking to a friend the other day. I told him he looked like Jet Li.
He told me I looked like Tilda Swinton.
“Tilda Twinton?” I responded. The name didn’t ring a bell. I turned to my laptop and Googled Tilda Swinton Images and read her biodata on Wikipedia. The girl was born 5 years prior to me, making her 49 years years old. She lives in Scotland with her husband and her two children, a boy and girl called Xavier and Honour, as well as her male lover, a German artist with whom she goes out and about in public. So Tilda Swinton has a polyamourous relationship and everybody appears to be happy with the arrangement. It says she travels with her lover. She’s known for her gender-ambiguous appearance.”
“So I look like Tilda Swinton?” I said to Jet Li.
“Yes,” Jet Li confirmed.
“You really think I look like Tilda Swinton?”
“Yes. You don’t often use make up and if you do it is hardly noticeable.”
“But I have long hair, unlike Tilda. My Tibetan friends thought I looked more like Jodie Foster.”

“No you don’t look like Jodie Foster. You look like Tilda.”
“What about Helen Hunt. I think I look more like Helen.”
“No you don’t”
“I think I do. She has long blond hair.”
I Googled Helen Hunt Images.
.
“O fuck, I don’t look like her. Look at her neck! The girl needs a facelift. Okay, I look more like Tilda. If she had Helen’s hair, I would look more like her. So I don’t look like Nicole Kidman?”
“Hell no. You look like Tilda.”
“Thank you. I always enjoy intelligent conversations. This is the most intelligent conversation with a Thai I had this week. But you do look like Jet Li.”
.
I am taking a trip to Cambodia today, but will be back on Saturday. Greetings to you all in the USA, Nederland, Europe, Britain, Australia and Asia.





No comments:

Post a Comment