Sunday, July 26, 2009

MUMU ART GALLERY PARTY

Hao discovers an uninvited guest.

Calendar girl. Who would have guessed I would appear in a calendar at my age.
Cameron thanking the guests.
Our friend Apinun giving a traditional Thai dance performance.

Our friends Santi and Gino, posing very well at the gallery.
Cameron and Hao
Above: our friend Champagne who passed away just an hour before the opening of the show.


Hao and I posing in front of a series of photos of me, taken by Cameron
Who would have guessed I would be hanging naked in Bangkok.
.

On Saturday night, my dear friends Cameron and Dale organized an event to draw attention and raise funds for their HIV/AIDS education campaign in Bangkok. Apart from Cameron’s work in Asia regarding HIV/AIDS prevention, he has a great love for photography. Some time ago, he photographed some of his friends for a photo exhibition. I feel flattered that my photographs are on display at MUMU Art House in Bangkok. One photo even appears in a recently released calendar.

I was accompanied by my dear friend Hao and we were delighted by the art show the boys had organized. Here are some photos of the event.

Unfortunately, we received news that our dear friend Champagne had just passed away half an hour before the start of Saturday’s show. I got to know Champagne shortly after I arrived in Bangkok in 2006. She was a female impersonator in her early twenties, known for her impeccable impersonations of Whitney Houston and Beyonce on the stages of various clubs in Bangkok. A month ago, Champagne fell ill with TB. Bangkok will miss her.

3 comments:

  1. The timing seems like another of life's sad little ironies.

    Do te proceeds for the calendar sal go to HIV/AIDS work? How Much is it? Is there a way to order it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her spirit was present at the party and the evening was dedicated to her.

    The sales of the photos and calendars all go the the HIV-AIDS-campaign. 33 per cent of Bangkok gays are affected by this horrible disease thus there is a lot of work to do for Cameron who is a physician working for an American NGO. I'll check how to order the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete