Saturday, February 28, 2009

WHAT IS NEXT?

Dear Pantau

Next question: If one reaches God, what does one do after that? My whole life has been the journey, the travail to seek God, to seek peace, to convince myself that I am truly worthy of accepting this peace if I do find it. Is that the end? Isn't there more? Seems sort of like the end of the Kubrik film 2001: A Space Odyssey where, after returning to earth with almost god-like powers, the astronaut gazes down upon the planet earth, he doesn't know what he is going to do but is sure he'll think of something.

Joel.


Dear Joel,

Be in a state of Enlightenment. Start teaching others the way to Nirvana. After death, choose to stay in the realm of the gods (as one need no longer be reborn in a human body) or decide to return to Earth. This is what the soul of His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been doing for 14 lifetimes. He has the ultimate power to choose.
As the Tibetan astrologers in Dharamsala observed in my case, my previous god-being existence decided to return to Earth after two years and reincarnate in my human body, obviously to become a teacher and showing others the way. (please note I do not write this with an attitude of arrogance, it is merely an observation of the Tibetan astrologers of the Mentsekhang, see previous post with the statement of the Tbetan astrologers regarding my existance).
Those who die after finding Enlightenment have a choice; the choice to stay in the realm of gods, or return to earth to help others. The final goal: for all of us to reach Enlightenment and leave this planet in order not to return.
.
Pantau
PS
Joel, this is an answer to the question/remark you posted in your comment:
So you’re saying that you consider it more beneficial if an enlightened being would return in a human body to help others. Many do. The 14th Dalai Lama is one of many. Let me explain the difference between reincarnation and rebirth. Everybody is affected by Karma, the law of cause and effect. They will be reborn and their rebirth will be affected by karma. Thus if your previous body has done a lot of bad stuff, your next life might be full of trouble, however, you get a chance to improve, create good merit and hopefully do better this time, making your next rebirth a better one. Only enlightened beings are exempt from karma. They can choose to stay in the realms of the gods or return to earth. They reincarnate. So there is a difference between rebirth and reincarnation.
So regarding your opinion that it might be a wise decision to reincarnate, I kind of agree. Why stay up in the sky while there is so much good to do on Earth. That is why there are plenty enlightened Tibetan lamas, among many other western reincarnations that return to Earth (probably they are the people that make most sense to us when speaking....and are often ignored). The Dalai Lama recently asked his people whether they desire him to reincarnate into a human body after he passes away. He doesn’t have to. It has been known to Tibetans that the 14th reincarnation of Chenresig, the Buddha of Compassion (The Dalai Lama) would stop reincarnating after his 14th human body. But with the current situation in Tibet (respectively Tibet not having genuine autonomy), his people feel there is a need for him to come back. He stated that he is seriously considering coming back after his death as the 15th Dalai Lama.
The 17th Karmapa Lama, the boy who fled to Dharamsala at 14 in 2000, is an even older reincarnated being. He is now in his early 20th and it would make sense that he will play an important part in taking over many of the current Dalai’s tasks as a teacher, may the latter pass away. And of course, the Dalai confirmed he won’t be reincarnate in Tibet, but in a free country where he can grow up to adulthood without any problems. He will be found by his people, recognised and return to his people living in exile. He may not even reincarnate into a body of the Tibetan race. As you know, my previous body was Tibetan. The Tibetan astrologers like to believe that I have taken on a spiritual body for about two Earth years, perhaps some sort of deity-like being, and then returned to Earth in the Netherlands in a caucasion body. FYI, I do not myself believe I have been an Enlightened being exempt from Karma, just a deity that was reborn. It explains why the Tibetans added "Lhamo" to my new name Pantau Lhamo, meaning Helpful Deity, rather than Pantau Lama II. My previous Tibetan body wasn't a lama in the fist place, but a nobleman and freedom fighter. He never had a monastic lifestyle.

An awakened teacher will shared his insights to help sentient beings end their suffering by understanding the true nature of phenomena, thereby escaping the cycle of suffering and rebirth (samsara), that is, achieving Nirvana.

His attitude will be one of ethical conduct and altruistic behaviour, devotional practices, ceremonies and the invocation of bodhisattvas, renunciation of worldly matters, meditation, physical exercises, study, and the cultivation of wisdom.

You ask: Is there time enough? Please elaborate on that question. I don’t really understand want you mean, only guess.

11 comments:

  1. Seems to me as if there's a catch to Enlightenment. Once attained, and with it the opportunity to pass to another realm, the only Enlightenment that seems truly worthy to me would be one that would need that soul to return to this world in order to continue working to ameliorate the suffering and misery of others. Is there time enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to answer this question in the post itself. And oy, I found out how I can nicely archive all my posts. I am becoming a digirati like my mother who is able to order her anti-senile pills online at 79.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In one sense, my last question ("Is there time enough?") is really sort of a cry of despair at the state of the world. It is a figuratively casting a glance at how much needs to still be done. I guess it really is rather presumptuous of me, to say the least, that I am in any way competent to judge this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am indeed one figment of God that is worried and disappointed in humanity. Unless economic growth and all those capitalistic ideas are being rid off, I see no happy future for humanity. If I see God as a separate entity, I guess She's about to move her attention away from Earth and enjoying Games that are played out on other planets. I think God created humankind and thought: O dear Myself, that was indeed not a great idea. I should press Control-Delete and push the planet out of its orbit, out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we are both looking at the dark yang side and seeing only a spot of white. We're not, at the moment, seeing the yin or the totality of it. Couldn't there very well be some other universe or planet that balances us? They may be feeling their existence as too bland and boring. If they don't demand more of our darkness, we may cease to exist and thus the balance of ALL will be irrevocably altered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting observation, however, life without war, famine, violence, discrimination, drought, rape, murder, drive-by shootings, DUI, gay-bashing, nuclear arms, inequality, isn't necessarily boring. Or do you New Yorkers different ideas than we do?

    I compare it to rowing. The moment you catch the blade into the water and push, kick out, it is all dark and violent thoughts; the moment you pick out, and roll forward on the slidings it is all poetry and love songs. So it's like the sea, the waves come and go. Tragedy will be followed by happy moments, and thus Earth must be counterbalanced somewhere else. I am sure Earth is not the only thing in Gods mind. She has a lot more space for happy thoughts, brought about by God knows what....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, New Yorkers will take a perhaps unwarranted chauvinistic pride in saying they're different. However, I'm talking about a matter of degree. Nothing is balanced by destroying half.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully said. Thus in order for me to create a happy couple I need to destroy my spouse?

    Watching Flemish satellite TV, their News Bullentin announced that one can now telephone God on his answering machine. He appears not to be home though. He also has a P.O. Box. The Flemish observed that God has a Dutch accent and the P.O. Box was located in the Netherlands. Oy vey, those crazy Dutch people!!
    What's next? Delft's Blue pottery "Made in China"? and Gouda Cheese "Made in Taiwan"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The story I heard claimed that God was only a local call if calling from Jerusalem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I totally got that balance thing wrong. Should put on my glasses if I am reading your comments. It's late and I am a bit drunk again. I now realise I shouldn't destroy my spouse but love him, right? That feels better too, I think.

    Jerusalem? O Jesus H. Christ hanging on the cross, that will make the ticker on my phone go crazy if I call from Bangkok. Need to sell more books if I want to cover the cost of having a proper chat with the Holy Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In this day and age, I'd probably get switched to voicemail.

    ReplyDelete